Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine
Published by IMR Press.
Back to top
The manuscript submission and peer-review process is broken down into the following steps:
· The Author submits a manuscript.
· Upon submission, manuscripts are reviewed by at least one member of the editorial board for general
suitability and strength of advance. An initial decision is usually reached within 1 week.
· If sent for full external review, the manuscript is refereed by several leading scientists active in the relevant
field regardless of their membership on the JMCM editorial board.
· A decision is communicated by a staff editor or an editorial board member familiar with the topic as soon
as all referees' reports are compiled.
· As a Reviewer, you are responsible for the third step.
Navigating the System
There are two ways to gain access to the system. First, if you know your login name and password, you may log into the system from the home page. Alternatively, if you have received an email request to review, you may use the encrypted link from this email to be logged in and taken directly to the manuscript.
When you log into the system, you will be taken to your "Home" page. If you have been asked to review any manuscript, you will see a link (or several links) with a red arrow on your desktop under the "Reviewer Tasks" header. Clicking this link will display the "Manuscript Details Screen," containing:
Detailed Information about a specific manuscript.
Links to the manuscript and associated figures.
A list of "Manuscript Tasks" or links allowing you to:
· Accept/Decline Reviewer Position
· Check Status
· Review Manuscript
(Not all links will be present all the time. Only the applicable links will be visible.)
If there are no red arrow visible on the "Home" page, then you are finished. There is no pending work you need to worry about.
Once you are logged into the system, click on a manuscript link preceded by a red arrow to view the "Manuscript" screen as described above. At the bottom of this screen under "Manuscript Tasks," you will see a red arrow next to a "Review Manuscript" link. Clicking on this link will display the review form. Please be sure to fill in all required information.
Please Note: since reviews are not saved until you hit the Submit Recommendation button (below), we suggest that you compose your review using your normal word processor and copy/paste the review into this form. This will insure that you have a local copy in case of computer error. Please save a copy of your review offline for your records before you enter it online.
You can get the status of your assigned manuscript(s) via:
· Logging into the system with your password.
· Clicking on the link represented by the manuscript tracking number and abbreviated title.
· Clicking on the "Check Status" link at the bottom of the displayed page.
· This procedure will display detailed tracking information about where the manuscript is in the editorial
If you need additional help, you can click on the help signs spread throughout the system. A help dialog will pop up with context-sensitive help.
You may also contact the Journal Staff at any time by clicking the "Send Manuscript Correspondence" link under the "More Manuscript Info and Tools" header on the manuscript details screen.